Program for Wellness Restoration (PoWeR, https://powerusa.org/ ) is going through a tough financial time now that most industry educational grants have been eliminated. We ask you to think about us when conmsidering organizations to make tax deductible donations before the end of the year.
In 2011, PoWeR has been able to accomplish the following with a very small budget :
– Provided 26 lectures on health to HIV positive people around the United States
– Published 78 blog articles (https://survivinghiv.blogspot.com/ )
– Coordinated an upcoming expanded access program using two investigational drugs for people with HIV who have run out of treatment options. (https://bit.ly/tWkdk4 and https://bit.ly/s98yHL )
– Moderated https://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PozHealth/ , a 9 year old listeserve with close to 4000 members from all over the world
– Produced a video to raise awareness on the challenges surrounding finding a practical cure for HIV (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj-dFQ6Yi7k )
– Provided technical advise to 4 other non profits ( Red Hispana, The Houston Buyers Club, The Positive Project, and Live Consortium)
– Answer questions weekly at thebody.com ( https://bit.ly/twag7J )
– Created a petition to improve Medicare coverage of facial wasting therapies (https://bit.ly/rR2G0N )
– Created a resource list : https://powerusa.org/resources.html
If you or someone you know has been helped by our work and want to see us continue it, please do not hesitate to make a contribution by using this link:https://powerusa.org/donate.html or by sending a check to:
Program for Wellness Restoration
P.O. Box 667223
Houston, TX 77266
Thank you in advance for ensuring that our mission continues in 2012.